My First Thriller - Jamie Freveletti's Running From the Devil


Jamie Freveletti's Running From the Devil had my heart and blood pumping as if I was the one running in the jungles of Columbia! As the first thriller I've read, I'd say it's a fantastic introduction to the genre. Personally, I don't care for blood and guts and even though Jamie had some pretty rough and gruesome stuff, she wasn't so descriptive that I lost my dinner. Basically, if you like that gory stuff, it's in here, if you don't, you can sort of read the words without picturing it - that's a plus for someone like me.

I wouldn't even have picked Jamie's book up (as the genre isn't on my radar) but I heard her speak at a Sisters In Crime Chicago event and walked away impressed. Then I got to witness a panel/demonstration she co-hosted at Love Is Murder last year and walked away doubly impressed. I also had fun at her lively Book Launch party.

She's smart, funny, sophisticated, personable and competent.

So is her book.
(Though, the little bit of humor in Running From the Devil is quite darker!)

If you've been thinking about picking up Running From the Devil, do so.
(But don't read it during dinner.)

If you haven't yet heard about it, you have now - go get a copy and read it.
(See note above about not during dinner!)

I, for one (and I know there are many), can't wait for her next book to hit the shelves!

I have a review here.