Is That a Train? What Do You Mean Earthquake?

Seriously, I woke up in the middle of the morning because my bed was shaking rather violently.

My first thought was an earthquake. But that's ridiculous.
My second thought was it was a train. The couch shakes on weekend nights when the heavy freight trains go by. But this was Friday.
My third thought was ghosts - I tend to watch a lot of those ghost shows on Discovery and Sci-Fi. The reality ones, not horror movies. The reality ones are far scarier.
My fourth thought was, my bed is still shaking.
Maybe it was an earthquake?
I got up and looked out the kitchen window. There was no train, the lights weren't even flashing.
I went back to bed but didn't fall asleep.

Low and behold, my sister walks in in the morning and asked if we knew there'd been an earthquake.

I drove to the airport to pick up my Aunt and her boyfriend. They flew in to attend the surprise birthday party for my great aunt. So my Aunt's boyfriend took to shouting out the window that they did not want to stay in earthquake country and wanted to fly back home.

They live in Southern California.

I have now been through two earthquakes. How exciting!