Misc Monday - Outlaw the Vegan?

Okay so I'm a vegan. (No meat, no dairy.) Pretty simple.

I choose to live with two of the most cuddly carnivores you can imagine.

First, I catch Copper reading this:








And now, I've noticed a strange habit Outlaw has developed.
He's the daintiest thing on two paws. (He often stands on his hind legs as if trying to show he's almost as tall as me.)

Usually when I eat, he comes into the room. He looks at me, maybe sniffs the air - hint, hint. He'll even stand on his hind legs and put a dainty paw on my thigh, as though he's just humbly curious.

Except when I eat salad. If you eat salad near this cat (read: the same house) he will not leave you alone. He paces, he jumps up, he stares at me and he even meows which is a rare thing to hear. His head bobs as he cranes his neck for a better view.

He is relentless!

What is up with that? Mom will eat meat-things and he does his usual little 'I'm here if you feel like dropping a nibble on the floor' but if there's salad involved, you'd better watch out. Once he stuck his paw in my leaves which was perfectly disgusting.

The only thing that gets me peace is to give him a tiny leaf. But once he finishes scarfing that down, he's back for more and with a stronger attitude about it.

Now, a lot of you that read my Blog have cats - is this the normal behavior of a carnivore? I know cats require a small amount of greens but I've never had one that demanded to sit next to me with his own bowl of salad...

He'll be after my tofu next.