Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Wordless Wednesday - Touched on Halloween

Words are needed for the pictures below so they come across as powerful as they are.

Trick-or-treaters came to our door. A bunch of little kids - one dressed as a witch with awesome green face paint, a cute teeny tiny sheriff, a cowboy and so on.

Then there was the mailman. I held the bucket out for the kids to chose their choice of chocolate sugar and he handed me a little card. "This is for you," he said in a little boy's voice.

"For me?"

He shrugged his little shoulders. "I'm giving them to everyone." He took his candy and left.

I opened the tiny card and choked up.


Sweeter than any candy...

11 comments:

Katnip Lounge said...

That is sweeter than any candy!

Brian said...

That is pretty darn sweet!

Chatty Crone said...

Awe - that was the sweetest story - and the card was so cute.

Sandie

Au and Target said...

I don't get it. Must be an American thing... *yawning cultural divide*

Live Out Loud said...

Ringing strangers' doorbells for candy isn't a universal thing?

Hmmm...Sounds SO normal to me!

Amy Durham said...

How sweet! Most kids don't even say "Trick or Treat" or "Thank you" anymore. Nice that this kid made the effort to be courteous!

Whisppy said...

Awwww. That's real sweet. We don't celebrate Halloween here as you do in the US. Kids don't go trick or treating but adults do take the opportunity to "celebrate" by having parties. :)

Admiral Hestorb said...

That is precious. I would save it always. But I am a sentimental mommy even though my boys are grown up.

The Paw Relations said...

Oh, that is so sweet, Something to hang on to!

croneandbearit said...

Oh that would have had me bawling - how adorable!!!! I got the big kids with the deep voices - ugh! But there were a couple of cute little ones w/their folks - one said to me "tick or teet" then she said "tanku" and I just wanted to smother her in smoochies!! ;)

Dana Cheryl said...

awwwww! that's down right precious. what a sweet little guy!!