Thursday, October 7, 2010

The Friday 56 - Three Shirt Deal by Stephen J. Cannell



This is a cool weekly meme from Story Time With Tonya.

1. Grab the book nearest you right now.
2. Turn to page 56.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post that sentence (plus one or two others if you like).
5. Post a link with your post to Storytime with Tonya and Friends.

And remember - no spoilers. We want to share books and suggest books - not spoil books!

"It's a whole rigamarole. First, I gotta notify my supervisor, Captain Sasso, how I lost my ID, and you know that's gonna turn into a mud fight."

Yikes - that's look pretty bad for a cop. Me? I lose my license every few months but then, I'm a madcap writer, not a copper!
Awwww...I got his autograph, I think in 2008. So glad I did.

10 comments:

Bonnie said...

Hi, I could have sworn I left a message on your Stephen J. Cannell post but I guess something happened.

Anyway, like you, I was a big fan. How fortunate that you were able to meet him and also get his autograph. I never read his books but I loved his TV shows. My particular favorites were Riptide, Wiseguy, 21 Jump Street and so, so many more. He will definitely be missed.

Amy Durham said...

I first fell in love with Johnny Depp on 21 Jump Street. I remember absolutely nothing from the show (showing my age here!) except that he was sooooooo cute!

Cool 56!

Here's mine:

http://amy-durham.blogspot.com/

Live Out Loud said...

Bonnie - I'm so lucky I got to meet him. He surprised me, not sure why. He was just so humble and grateful of everything! Such great energy.

Amy - Totally in love with Johnny Depp!! It was a good show, too. I recently saw repeats. (Recently like two years ago...)

Bev Hankins said...

Captain Sasso...now there's a name for you.

thanks for stopping by mine.

Dana Cheryl said...

Hello New Friend!!!

OK, so I'm intrigued by the few sentences you posted and even more so by the author. I'd didn't realize that Stephen J. Cannell wrote books. I remember his name with this wonderful little quill pen animation following many wonderful tv shows which I love, love, loved growing up! I'll definitely search out his books and put them on my reading list. Definitely!

Thanks for swinging by my blog and introducing yourself. I replied to your comment there so I won't repeat myself. :)

Dana Cheryl said...

Yay!!! I'm following you too! :) :) :)

LadyD said...

So glad you got to meet him!!! Yes, the blank page ends at the end of a chapter. (on the other side) It seems it was formatted weird because there's no page number and then the new chapter begins on an odd number. Maybe that's normal. Happy Friday!

Creations by Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Sounds like a really captivating tale...thanks for visiting my blog, and for sharing this excerpt.

Chatty Crone said...

You were lucky to meet him Jennifer -

sandie

Life Ramblings said...

glad you got his autograph. he will always be remembered.