CHA Convention

CHA (Craft and Hobby Association) Convention 2010 at the Stephen's Convention Center in Chicago, Illinois - okay, Rosemont, Illinois. Chicago-ish.

Anyway, my Mom and I had lots of fun! We had our picture taken at the Jessica Sprague booth and they printed a gorgeous 12x12, card stock scrapbook page. Wow. It turned out great!

While we were waiting for the page to print, we checked out the paints at another booth. The poor lady must have been dealing with amateur 'painters' like us all day long! She was great, though. You had your choice of a picture frame or letter to paint. The letters were pretty sparse (they had no 'j' or 'o' so I wasn't interested). I chose the picture frame. She had people paint with a base paint of green or blue, then you blow dry that and cover it with the glitter paint of either green or blue. Then you blow dry that and put in polka dots of the other color (blue or green).

I decided to be different (though some might argue this isn't a decision so much as something I was born to be) and wrote freehand. I assumed my letters would come out terribly - let's face it, I can barely read my own handwriting. Here I'm writing with a paintbrush, not something I have much practice with. I'm thinking I'll have to throw this frame away before I even get home.

But no! It actually looked pretty cool! I mean, it's legible! Who'd have thunk it? (The one on the right is Mom's.)

I didn't know what to expect at this craft show but it was pretty cool. One thing I wanted to get, no one had. (A particular kind of scrapbook paper I can't mention here just in case a certain sibling should read this Blog - oh, and I'm going to call a certain Aunt to see if she can obtain this paper-with-particular-design.)

I guess they brought samples of their wares. I was thinking the booths would be stocked with everything under the sun and it was a good mix of supplies and equipment, but alas, no certain-kind-of-paper-design for Jenny...