Friday, July 23, 2010

Friday 56 - My unpublished book but a book

This is a cool weekly thing from Story Time With Tonya.

1. Grab the book nearest you right now.
2. Turn to page 56.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post that sentence (plus one or two others if you like).
5. Post a link with your post to Storytime with Tonya and Friends.



This was the book nearest me - one I wrote but have not yet published - so I thought, hey, why not give it a looksie? See what's on page 56, the 5th line down.
(The Westin family has visited a town during a horrid thunderstorm - confusion and chaos quickly take hold.)

"Chip grabbed at his thigh but there was no gun. 'He's back. He's come to curse us all!'"

12 comments:

Creations by Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Oh, this one piques my interest! Hope you enjoy it.

Renee Vincent said...

Nice teaser, Jennifer! And so cool that it is from your WIP!
You hooked me...now finish it!

Live Out Loud said...

Oh, it's finished Renee! It's just not yet published - I have it in book form for a lark (and happened to be on my desk, hence the closest book to me) but I'm shopping around the series. Haven't had much luck yet...

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com said...

OOoo good one!

:)

Thanks for visiting my F556 :)

Amy Durham said...

Nice peek inside your own writing! Thanks for visiting my F56!

Vicki said...

Keep trying to get it published, the teaser is a good one!

Here's My F56

Live Out Loud said...

Thank you Vicki!! It can be lonely on this side of the computer so thank you for your comment. Thank you Amy, Juju, Renee and Laurel for all your comments! It renews my energy! I know there's an audience for my books yet I haven't found an Agent so no one can read it...it's frustrating.

Thank you!

Helen McGinn said...

Love it; very intriguing.

Bev Hankins said...

Very cool! Good luck with getting it published. I have a book-in-progress as well...but since it's not yet in "book" form I couldn't have used it even if it had been right beside me.

Thanks for stopping by my "Friday 56"!

jackie b central texas said...

Jennifer, hope that "some day" comes really would love to read this now that you have "teased" us so beautifully! Thanks for stopping by mine earlier today too!

jackie ^_^

LadyD said...

Thanks for the visit and the peek...
I like your style! :)

Life Ramblings said...

hope your book will be published soon. good luck.