Friday, March 5, 2010

The Friday 56 - White Desert

This is a cool weekly thing from Story Time With Tonya.

1. Grab the book nearest you right now.
2. Turn to page 56.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post that sentence (plus one or two others if you like).
5. Post a link with your post to Storytime with Tonya and Friends.



"His eyes never left me. 'Ye'll not take offense when I say ye don't look like that such of a much.'"
'There's more to me than meets the eye. Except when it comes to billiards.'
'Billiards?'
'It's a story I don't feel like telling.'

-White Desert by Loren D. Estleman
I might explain that the first person character, Page Murdock, has been sent to Canada by the U.S. to bring back two violent outlaws - it all started with a game of billiards.

You should see the cover of this book - it's awesome!
(Second book down.)

12 comments:

Kathy Martin said...

This quote sounds good. I like self-deprecating humor. I haven't read anything by the author and will have to check him out.

Live Out Loud said...

He's good. (Loren D. Estleman)
I'm in the middle of reading this book - which is why it was closest to me - and am thoroughly enjoying it.

I'll be doing a review soon.

So far, I highly recommend him. His humor is self-deprecating and timely. Page Murodck is hard core but you can identify with him.

Creations by Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Oh, this does sound good! And you're right...the cover is fabulous!

This is my first time at your blog...it's intriguing. I know I'll be back.

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com said...

Nice one :)

Sounds good.

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Here is mine

robsad79 said...

Sounds like a good one :)

Sweet Vernal Zephyr said...

Interesting tease. Thanks for stopping by to take a look-see at my blog!

Miranda SweetVernal Zephyr

Arielle said...

That's a good teaser, now it got me curious as to what he's talking about!

Tonya said...

bad billiards bob? hehe

Bonnie said...

It always starts out innocently enough like a game of billiards!
I've never heard of this author, must check it out.

Thanks for stopping by the ol' blog. The gato sends his regards.

Bonnie

Sarah said...

Great teaser - I've not heard of this one before but I'll have to check it out :o)

JAD said...

What an interesting teaser! Thanks for sharing, and stoping by my blog!
JAD
http://julismapsroom.blogspot.com/

dArLyN said...

superb..thanks for stopping by at my blog..have a great weekend!