Tuesday, May 29, 2007

First Entry

I’ve started this blog to track my progress in my creative and business endeavors, mainly acting and writing.

For Acting: I am currently in the process of begging my sister to download pics she took of me to attach to my headshot and resume to send to a Chicago Background Casting Agent. I had my share of background artist jobs in Hollywood and never took the plunge here in my native town of Chicago. It just seemed weird. Here, I work in an office. In Hollywood, I worked on sets. It made sense somehow. Hardworking town vs. La-La Land…

Anyway, I’ve altered my look somewhat – cut and styled my hair – and have an appointment to update my headshots on Friday. But I didn’t want to dilly-dally about signing up with the agency until I get the new headshots. I’m thinking I might as well wait at this point.

I’m going for the color headshots. I’m excited about that. And a little terrified as color is less forgiving than what you could get away with in black and white.

For Writing: I am in the process of working on three books. (I had written a contemporary mystery set in Hawaii, the first novel I wrote as an adult, but have set that one aside for so long I don’t know that I’ll ever get back to it.)

My second book is a sci-fi novel that starts revolving around a woman and ends up focusing on about 17 characters. (I’m not exaggerating.) It is set in three different sections.

My third book is a contemporary mystery set in a fictitious town in Iowa. This is the one I am either re-editing or shopping around, depending on what inspiration I'm subject to that month.

My fourth book, that I started writing in March, is in the beginning stages. I am not finished with the rough draft though I have it mapped out in my head and even on paper – which I rarely do with my books. This one is paranormal and is set in Chicago and Hell.

I’m also a member of the Sisters In Crime National and Chicago Chapters. In fact, I am currently on the Programming Committee for the Chicago Chapter and about to be trained for the Treasurer position. I’m excited.

4 comments:

dana said...

I didn't know you were gonna be the treasurer...make sure you count all the pennies!!!
Dana

Ebbtide said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ebbtide said...

WoW! All that writing. Good luck. ;) I myself am a writer with several projects in the works. That is great that you are going to be Treasurer. WoW, lots of responsibility there. Good luck! ;) I'm sure it'll be fantastic.

Live Out Loud said...

Thank you so much ebbtide! And yes, Dana, I'll be sure to count every penny!